Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MY BABY SHOWER...

It's been two weeks since my baby shower and I've created some time to update my blog!!! Yayyy!!! My shower was AMAZING! I watched myself go through so many different spaces of emotion that day. There was the "nervousness" of "who's going to be there", reconnecting with my friends from Maine and then really being with the reality that I AM GOING TO BE A SINGLE MOM!!! It was something to experience myself in all those different thoughts/spaces.



The "theme" of the shower was the "Hungry Catepillar"...which I have loved since I was a child!

That's what generated my mother creating this quilt for Jamieson! I don't want him to use it afraid that it will get all puke stains! I love my mother's quilts. He's already got 4 quilts between my mother's three and Paula who made me one too!!!

My mother and my sisters, Peggy, Paula, Kathy, Julie, & Martha all got me the Crib I registered for. Dad and Paul came down last weekend and put it together. I was so surprised and THRILLED! Then, this past week, my Wisdom Course Work Group came over and they gave me a gift certificate to Target. Today, I ordered the bedding for the little peanut. When that comes, I will take a picture of it all put together!!!!

My Aunt Mary, Aunt Eva, Stephanie & Nikki all got me the car seat travel system!!! I have to admit that I actually needed to take out the instruction booklet to get it set up in my car! Now, I just need to take it to the fire station to have them look at it and make sure I have it in correctly!!!
It was an amazing day. I got so many wonderful gifts from everyone and Mikki was so great to take a bunch of pictures. Erik was the hit of the party--being the only man and only friend from MA that came to my shower! I really got how much people love me! And, I got to hang with my friend Melissa who I have not seen for a while. I cried when I saw Tracy and then Leslie and the twins! What an incredible day.
Much love to everyone who put my shower together. My mother and sisters did an amazing job with the shower as well as all the women from the "friendship" group! Thank you for your time, love and generosity!
Only four more weeks until the little peanut is here!!! Hold onto your shirts!!!
Love ya!



No comments: