Monday, August 24, 2009

Wisdom, Weekend 4--"The Prom"...

We were the two prego hot momma's at the Wisdom Social Event and AGAIN....I'm very excited to say that at 8 1/2 weeks left in my pregnancy, this is a pre pregnancy dress that I'm sporting. In fact, the last time I wore this, I was in Toronto at Sophie's "What you have in your closet and no place to wear" party!!


And, those of you who remember me from Highschool...I totally had to recreate the pose that Dan and I had at the Snow Ball! Of course Dan and I had shit grins on our face. This is the pose reinvented with my friend Guy! This event was actually quite confronting for me. At first I was realllllyyyy excited about it. Then, there the flood of "no's" when I asked some of my male friends...including Dan to be my "date" for the social event. I totally was going stag as a "single pregnant teen" and dealing with not having a date! This was a whole new experience for me....no date, no making out and nooooo getting lucky! ;-) And THEN, I realized, all my upset was actually about: "IS THIS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS"??? Not desirable to men? Hahahaha! So not true but it was so REAL that being pregnant and single was going to be one no after a no after a no in the world of relationships, intimacy with men. And then Guy said the most profound thing, "Tonya, you do realize this isn't a real prom". I lauhged my ass off about all the significance that went into this just hours before it started.


And of course, we all went out for the "after party". It was so much fun!!!

No comments: