Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A shift in my listening of men....

It's Memorial Day weekend, I'm sitting in a chair at my friend Andrea's house, getting ready to watch the movie, "Incredible Hulk". Andrea is still expecting another friend to show up. A minute later, a knock on the door and she runs up to greet her friend.

He comes downstairs, pulls up a rocking chair and sits right beside me. I'm social so I start chatting with him while he eats and we're waiting for Andrea to come start the movie.

The night ends and we're all leaving. He follows me from Andrea and Rob's--Marblehead can be a little tricky getting out. So, at a red light, he pulls up to me and starts to say something and then makes a hand gesture as if to say, "Never mind". I sent him a text message saying, "What did you want to say at the light". His response: "Um, I was working towards asking if you were seeing anyone. Probably not the most opportune time but I was a little embarrassed at the house because someone great, gorgeous and with a child is most likely taken. Then Andrea said you had your heart broken and I could do with spending some time with someone great. So, you're taken, right? Otherwise....would you like to go out"?

Completely flattered. Here's a guy who's spent only a few hours with me, short conversations and mostly watching me watch a movie. :-) In that moment, I realized that it IS possible that there REALLY are great men interested in me--including this little peanut in my belly! YAYYYY to great men!!!!! ;-)

1 comment:

DeBorah Beatty said...

Interesting. My father was born in Marblehead. Found your site through a Google Alert. My main website is http://www.createdlife.com. Come and visit sometime.