Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas in the 70's....


This was Gram...always the famous expression of a gift well thought out!
And a great picture of my grandfather sipping coffee...


I always spent oodles of time with my Grandfather. He'd have Gram come and pick me up to come over to the house and notoriously, he'd sit down after dinner, turn on 60 minutes while I escaped upstairs to play in my grandmother's beautiful pink and black bathroom! It was the lady powder puff and the fiber optic light that I loved to play with. I would always end up getting caught, Gram would get upset with Gramp that he stopped paying attention to me....


How can you not love this face! I was two years old and we had just moved into the house my father built. No rug yet. Got to love paneling!




Let's cover up the baby and put her to rest...



The following year...one of my most prized possesions...the pink, sparkly bassinet!!! Loved this. I thought that my parents would have saved it. Mom said that dad got up in the attic and started trashing everything. I managed to save Cookie Montster and some other old childhood animals! One was my teddy bear that I loved so much, it hardly has any fur.






And really....how can you have a new bassinet, baby and no highchair! I was a spoiled, spoiled child at Christmas...well....that's not true...spoiled all my life! This was just what was caught on film! ;-)




And who could foget the knitting that my grandmother did. This was a product of a knitting machine that my grandfather bought her one year. She also made our Christmas stockings too. I just don't know what I did with mine! From Left to Right...Me, Kari, Laura, Cousins Phillip and Lloyd! We all loved Christmas!






1 comment:

Everyone's Other Mother said...

You have always been the most adorable person! Merry Christmas, Tonya...we love you, Anne and Jim