Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in the UK...

I never thought I would ever spend Christmas abroad and this year, I was given the opportunity to do that. These are some of the many pictures that I will be posting!! The picture above is Tower Bridge...absolutely breathtaking up close!
This is the Gherkin Building...also featured in a 007 movie. I was completely facscinated with the architecture of the building...so modern against the back drop of such historical buildings!



St. Paul's Cathedral....had to download pictures from the interior because I couldn't take any in the building. :-)




And, of course, Westminster Abbey! Many hours were spent touring this amazing structure...and a lot of time waiting in line to see it! I was moved to tears by the energy in being in that space.

I'll continue to post pictures...stay tuned!






1 comment:

Concord Carpenter said...

Westminster Abbey was one of my favorite places when I visited London