Tuesday, May 12, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!!


Today was the big day at the Hospital...Ultrasound and aminiocentisis. The little peanut had his first uncooperative appointment with the ultrasound tech. :-) I'm laying there on the table and Nora (ultrasound tech) kept shaking the ultrasound wand over my belly, digging it in trying to get him to move---NOPE. Then, she had me empty my bladder. I jumped up and down for a couple of minutes, I even settled for talking to him---nothing. Nora's last attempt in getting him to move, all you see is this little leg come up with a big kick! I laughed so hard. I said, "If this is him being stubborn in the womb, what will he be like in real life"!!! God help me now! Gish! The radiologist came in. He said to him--to my belly, "Now, you're going to cooperate with me, we have important things to do today to make sure you're healthy". When he put the ultrasound on my belly, he was in perfect position and moving all over the place. Hahaha. The radiologist confirmed the sex. He said, "There it is, no denying it, right there between the left and the right leg...it's swinging...he's got a big one"!


The first phone call I made was to my father! He has been living in a reality called, "God will never bless me with a grandson, I know it's going to be a girl". Well, I called him at work to tell him. I said, "Guess who's going to be cutting wood with you someday"? He said, "Who"? I said, "Jamieson Anothony"!!!! **LONG PAUSE** I said, "Dad...I'm having a boy". He said, "Reaaalllllyyyy"? I said, "Yes, how do you feel knowing that"? He said, "Well, I'll certainly be able to put him to good use". I made up that dad was in shock. I told him to let it all sink in and that I will call him later. I then called my mom. She answered the phone jumping up and down screaming, "What is it? A boy or a girl?". I told her we were having a boy! She giggled and was screaming to everyone at her store that she was having a grandson! I told her about dad's reaction. She said that he was just talking to her on Sunday saying that "it would be too good to be true for Tonya to have a boy". Well dad...here it is...the son you've always wanted. Hahahaha! Just as a grandson! :-) And, yes, Kari and Laura, I still hold the title of "GOLDEN CHILD"---even though gram is no longer here to remind everyone of it. **Giggling**

I've always thought about names from the time I first started trying to get pregnant. I think the key words here are "trying to get"---might have something to do with why I never did back then. :-) Anyway, several years ago, I thought with all of the drugs I was taking that I might end up with twins. I tossed around Olivia and Jamieson. They have both stuck with me through the years. So, at this point, I'm drawn to Jamieson Anthony. Jamieson is gram and gramps last name and Anthony is my dad's name. I like Anthony Jamieson too but I want this kid to have his own first name. Nothing has been etched in stone and I probably won't know until I meet this little guy for the first time. Either way, I love him already and I don't even know him. He's perfect. He's got a lot of personality in the womb. I'm hoping that he's not as stubborn as me or James! God help me now if he is. I will create him as a gentle, loving spirit with an amazing personality. That gives me peace of mind! Hehehe!

Anyway, that's it for now. I love you all!

2 comments:

Shawn Madden said...

WOOOO!

I didn't even know! Congratulations!!!

sM : )

Unknown said...

Tonya, what a wonderful keepsake you created by writing this! I am excited for you all over again!
And I think it was his gentle and relaxed spirit not stubborness that had him lay quietly. He knows this is his time to do what makes him happy and noone can do anything about it!!!