Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

So this is a picture of my parents and a tribute to my grandmother for bringing my mom into the world!!! My parents are celebrating their 36th year of marriage!!!!! It's such an amazing love story....and I'm going to share it to the best of my recollection!

My mother met my father and fell completely in love. She kept seeing him all over town and then they went to the Drive In. My mother tells the story that during the movie at the drive in, it started to shower/rain. So, my father, of course, turns on the windshield wipers. She continues to go on that my father stopped the windshield wipers (when the rain stopped) such that it blocked her vision from seeing the movie clearly. (wink, wink) The only choice appeared to either move closer to my father or sit closer to the door.....(LAUGHING). Let's just say, that after 6 months of dating, my father proposed to my mother. They got married November 11, 1972 and have been loving each other since (with a few bumps along the way). They managed to raise three amazing, beautiful daughters, give us everything we ever asked for and still continue to love and cherish us today!

I chose to come and visit to be a part of the celebration! My parents have missed me dearly since I've moved and was working insane hours a week without the flexibility I use to have to just "stop in and visit".

Thanks Mom and Dad, for giving me all of your love and embracing my worst moments with compassion. Although it can NEVER be said enough, I love you with every ounce of my being...even when I'm not around as much as you'd like! :-) Happy Anniversary! Wishing you another amazing year of love, passion, peace and radiance!

No comments: